Learning to Learn
At Henry Cavendish Primary School we undertake to:
- Raise levels of attainment for all pupils, enabling them to achieve their personal best regardless of their ability, socio-economic background, ethnicity, language or gender.
- Develop confident, disciplined and enquiring learners, able to make informed, independent choices and able to apply their learning to new problems.
- Foster a love of learning for all adults and children within our community.
- Foster self-esteem and personal responsibility, linked to respect for the needs and feelings of others.
- Facilitate considerate and positive relationships between all members of the school community.
- Ensure equal opportunities and equality in respect of values in relation to gender, race, culture, class, special needs and belief.
- Provide and maintain a school and classroom environment which supports, reflects and stimulates learning.
- Provide a safe and happy work place.
- Promote a thoughtful attitude towards the immediate and wider environment.
There are four fundamental types of learning as identified in UNESCO’s report called 'Learning, the treasure within.'
These are the foundations, underpinning the creative curriculum at Henry Cavendish and the experiences we are working to offer all our pupils as their educational entitlement.