Pupil Premium Grant 2015-16
The Pupil Premium is a source of additional funding that has been made available to schools by the Government. This funding is based on the number of children who are:
- In receipt of free school meals
- Have been in receipt of free school meals in the past six years
- Looked After Children (LAC)
- Armed Forces pupils
Nationally, statistics show that pupils who are eligible for free school meals have lower levels of achievement than those who are not eligible. The aim of the Pupil Premium Grant is to help schools to narrow this gap.
At Henry Cavendish Primary School:
- We ensure that learning opportunities meet the needs of all of our pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups; identifying, targeting and addressing the needs of our socially disadvantaged pupils.
- In making provision for our socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognise that pupils that receive or have received free school meals in the past may not always be socially disadvantaged.
- We also recognise that not all socially disadvantaged pupils register for free school meals.
- The Pupil Premium funding will be allocated following a needs analysis that identifies individuals and groups that will benefit from the funding.
- We evaluate the impact of Pupil Premium funding on the achievement of the pupils supported by it.
Henry Cavendish Primary School Pupil Premium Grant (PPG) allocation for 2015- 2016 was £234,832.50.