How can you help the PTFA?
Here are some really easy ways you can support the PTFA:
- outside your home. Most of our events are sponsored by local estate agents who will give us £10-20 per board to a maximum of a 100 boards, raising up to £2000 per event. All you have to do is give us your name & address.
- through the school at a great price. You get to admire your child’s unique design and last year, sales of Christmas cards, mugs & tea towels raised over £2,700. We also sell great value quality Christmas Trees which you have to order in advance.
- A great way to let parents know about your local business, sell unwanted items, look for a nanny share. Contact so far this year, it has raised over £1,500.
- If you are buying a micro scooter, please use code at the checkout on their website. If just 3 parents purchase a Micro Scooter with this code, we get one for the School as a great raffle prize!
- is a monthly prize draw, where half the total is given out as a prize to the Lucky Number winner and half the money goes to the PTFA. It costs from just £1 per month and you are in with a chance to win up to £50. The more people that enter, the higher the prize money will be – we currently have over 100 players but would love more. Contact Helen Taylor at to sign up.
- Make sure you order your next batch of name labels from this site and they will donate 20% to the PTFA.
- A great source of arts & craft supplies, party bag fillers, pocket money toys – Buy anything from their catalogue or online to raise money. Just quote our code at the checkout to claim the cash back.
- All holidays booked through this local travel agent will result in a £10 donation per person.
- Choose from a great selection of wines & champagnes. Prices are discounted off the usual high street price so you can make great savings and raise money! Last year, this raised over £1600 for the PTFA. For details, contact
- is a fundraising scheme for schools where parents and children raise money both for the PTFA and themselves, just by giving their opinions. Once registered you will be emailed occasional surveys. Register and quote our schools unique code which is .
- Employees can make regular or one-off donations directly from their earnings, company or pension to the PTFA (as we are a registered charity) and all donors are given tax relief on the amount immediately. Visit and search for payroll giving for more information.
- Over the years, there have been a small number of companies who have made donations to the Henry Cavendish PTFA, as we are a charity and they want to support a community school. For example, ESSO has a programme to support employees, who volunteer in their spare time, by donating up to £1000 per year for the charity that the employee supports. If you work for a large organisation, they may have a policy of donating to good causes and we could be one of them – we can help with how to set this up.
- Unwanted childrens’ books to the school library, collect supermarket vouchers to help buy equipment, collect for termly Phil the Bag (unwanted clothes, shoes, material, old curtains etc) unwanted kids’ dressing up clothes for playtimes.